All 133 art Reviews

Major Harrier and the Teen Champions Major Harrier and the Teen Champions

The hero we deserve, honestly. Looks like those rings are leaking. just a bit.

Longbite and his Hotrock Armor Longbite and his Hotrock Armor

It's so weird that rocks retain heat so well. Cool dude.

COTND: Nocturna and Diamond poster COTND: Nocturna and Diamond poster

First of all, great art (as always). That skull's pretty funky. Second of all, I'm amazed that CotND is still getting stuff added this far beyond release. I likely wouldn't have the will to keep on doing one game for that long. Third, I didn't watch any SGDQ this year but now I need to see this. And last of all, you have a tag that says "necrodnacer".

Also, knife lady better watch her step.

jouste responds:

thanks for catching that typo! Fixed!
Yeah the Necrodancer fans have been super good to us so we wanted to get an expansion out and always love being a small part of SGDQ.

Easter 2017 Easter 2017

Cool. Makes me think of Monty Python and The Holy Grail. That's no ordinary rabbit!

Cooper the Keg-Knight Cooper the Keg-Knight

I wonder what the bandit is made of. I know that's padding but I like the idea that he's, like, a pillow in disguise.

jouste responds:

hah! I never really pictured what the bandit was all about. I guess iot would be pretty hard to damage a pillow.

The Mimic King The Mimic King

So, does the king himself work as his own sort of mimic? Like, people try to loot the conspicuous corpse lying around and he retaliates by stealing THEIR weapon and stabbing them with it?

jouste responds:

he totally could! that would be super cool.

Me and my Zweihander Me and my Zweihander

That rascally kid and his Zweihander, always getting into trouble.

ThePsychoSheep responds:

Plot twist:He's a grown man trapped in a cartoonish deformed body

The Carver-Cult Champion The Carver-Cult Champion

"Give me my fucking leg back, you asshole."

jouste responds:

that's totally what he could be saying.

Ayr Byrd Ayr Byrd

Truly the superior-est bird. Only problem, and I know someone's mentioned it already, is that his arms appear to go through the turbines. Or is that intentional?

jouste responds:

haha it's pretty weird that that keeps coming up. it's just a silly design but I guess people want more plausibility. Thanks for the comment! I'll tackle it a different way if he gets an update I guess.

Karnov Worms Karnov Worms

I always find parasites just a little bit gross. But also cool. I loathe myself for having that kind of problem. Doesn't prevent me from knowing this is good art, though, so it's fine on this occasion.

jouste responds:

hey great! haha yeah i'm pretty fascinated with that grotesque stuff as well. thanks for the comment!

*highfives